Help with App implementation
Daniel Pereira Carvalho danieloak@gmail.com [nuttx]
2018-01-12 12:25:16 UTC
Hi,

I'm writing an application to control the speed of a DC motor. I have no
problem to write this application using a bare metal appoach but this time
I really want to use NUTTX. To control the speed I will read the current
shaft speed using a quadrature encoder, compare with the desired speed (set
point) and generate a control signal using a PWM.

What is the best way to write this application? Use current drivers
implementation of quadrature encoder and PWM or write a custom driver where
I expose interfaces to get current speed, adjust set point, control loop
parameters, etc?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Pereira de Carvalho