LPC54628
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-12-01 23:52:16 UTC
Very interesting: https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/hardware-development-tools/lpcxpresso-boards/lpcxpresso54628-development-board:OM13098

I would be interested in doing the basic port of someone is willing to provide hardware (it is sad to be a poor, open source guy who has to beg for hardware, but this is a justifiable cause).

Greg
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-12-02 15:40:41 UTC
Nevermind the request. I did order one from Mouser in Mexico. This is the first time I have ordered from Mexico (I am in Costa Rica) so this an experiment. Definitely a lot lower shipping cost!

So the LPC54628 is on the way and the NuttX port will soon be in place.

Greg
jobe jobe_tec@yahoo.fr [nuttx]

Greg
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-12-05 16:36:00 UTC
Post by jobe ***@yahoo.fr [nuttx]
You are right it's more expensive that what I was expecting...
I have never ordered from Mouser in Mexico before. But I certainly will in the future. The shipping is very low because it is FedEx ground to Costa Rica. And the coolest part is that it avoids all of the nasty US export regulations. Even for electronics not made in the US, I have to sign, scan, and send documents to the government when I order from the US.

But from Mexico, this kind of nonsense paperwork is not necessary.
Post by jobe ***@yahoo.fr [nuttx]
Great that you have been able to get one. Would be happy to help
I am a couple of days into the port. The (incomplete) code is available on a branch if you want to participate: https://bitbucket.org/nuttx/nuttx/branch/lpc54628

I believe that the quality of a port depends on have having very good, complete header files from the very beginning. That process of generating all of the header files for at least the most critical peripherals/subsystems is very tedious. If you want to contribute to the port, right now I would really appreciate some help generating these header files from the LPC54628 User Manual. Not fun work, but the necessary dues to get started.

Greg
Thiago Costa de Paiva tecepe@tecepe.eng.br [nuttx]
2017-12-08 14:09:01 UTC
Hi Greg,

I'm aware of the existence of the porting guides, but I just realized that to follow your commits is a very nice way to learn how to make a port. Is it possible to leave a similar branch in the repository as reference?

Thank you,

Thiago
Post by jobe ***@yahoo.fr [nuttx]
Great that you have been able to get one. Would be happy to help
I am a couple of days into the port. The (incomplete) code is available on a branch if you want to participate: https://bitbucket.org/nuttx/nuttx/branch/lpc54628
I believe that the quality of a port depends on have having very good, complete header files from the very beginning. That process of generating all of the header files for at least the most critical peripherals/subsystems is very tedious. If you want to contribute to the port, right now I would really appreciate some help generating these header files from the LPC54628 User Manual. Not fun work, but the necessary dues to get started.
Thiago Costa de Paiva
FSF member: 11963
Linux User: 565327
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-12-09 00:25:28 UTC
I have competed the basic port to the Lpcxpresso-lpc54628.  The code is complete for a basic NSH configuration but I have done no testing yet.

I want to review a few more things and make some comparisons with the NXP code before I start that.

Greg
Gregory Nutt spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-12-10 14:57:00 UTC
There is progress to report for the NuttX port to the
LPCXpresso-LPC54628:  The basic NSH configuration appears to be fully
functional:

NuttShell (NSH) NuttX-7.23
nsh> help
help usage:  help [-v] [<cmd>]

  [           dirname     help        mh set         unset
  ?           dd          hexdump     mount sh          usleep
  basename    df          kill        mv sleep       xd
  break       echo        ls          mw          test
  cat         exec        mb          ps          time
  cd          exit        mkdir       pwd         true
  cp          false       mkfatfs     rm          uname
  cmp         free        mkrd        rmdir       umount

Builtin Apps:
nsh> ps
  PID PRI POLICY   TYPE    NPX STATE    EVENT     SIGMASK STACK COMMAND
    0   0 FIFO     Kthread N-- Ready              00000000 000000 <noname>
    1 100 FIFO     Task    --- Running            00000000 002020 <noname>
nsh>

Next steps:  I intend to get the 16Mb SRAM then the LCD working.

Greg
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2018-01-02 17:31:03 UTC
The LPCXpresso-LPC54628 port has been working for almost a month. It is stabilizing well and growing in devices drivers. It now as serial, LEDs, SDRAM, LDC, touchscreen, I2C, GPIO interrupts, DMA, SDMMC, RTC, RNG, WWDT, and Ethernet. Some have issues (SDMMC) and some requires testing (DM, RNG, WWDT). And it still needs SPIFI and USB drivers. But I am approaching the burn-out point for that BSP development.

On interesting thing in the Ethernet driver inspired me to post: It is a complex bit of hardware that supports dual Rx and Tx transfer queues. The extra queue 1 is dedicated for priority IEEE 802.1q VLAN AVBTP packet transfers. All "normal" Ethernet traffic is on queue 0.

I added the full support for the 801.q VLAN in the Ethernet driver. However, this would not be useful if there is not support for QVLANs in the network stack. I am not sure what all would be required to provide that support, what the user socket interface would look like, or if there is any interest for such support in the NuttX community.

Would anyone have interest in that feature? I am game to implement the support but I need to some expert who actually knows what they are doing to help out. What do you think?