[nuttx] RISC-V session at Embedded World
Patrick Mulder mulder.patrick@gmail.com [nuttx]
2018-02-15 18:35:12 UTC
Hello,

the RISC-V session starts with an FreeRTOS example:

https://riscv.org/2018/01/risc-v-embeddedworld-2018/

Maybe interesting to see if/how Nuttx is different on running on this
platform.

Cheers,

Patrick
Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis@gmail.com [nuttx]
2018-02-15 22:04:47 UTC
Hi Patrick,

Yes! It should be very interesting to let more people to know that
NuttX supports RISC-V.

We need more people engaged on NuttX, to support NuttX in many ways.

If you want to test NuttX on RISC-V I think a good starting point
could be the LoFive board.

It has enought memory to support NuttX and is low cost:

https://groupgets.com/campaigns/376-lofive-risc-v-round-2

Are you interested to help?

BR,

Alan
Hello,
Patrick
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2018-02-15 20:04:50 UTC
I am not aware that anyone is working with RISC-V and NuttX now. Ken Pettit did the NuttX port some time back and I don't think it has been touched sense.

I have never used it since I have no RISC-V hardware (and don't do FPGAs anyway). Is there a ready-to-use RISC-V platform with debugger available? I know of the SiFive board on Crowd Suppy, but I know nothing about using it (and hence, I am too intimidated to buy one).

Greg
Ken Pettit pettitkd@gmail.com [nuttx]
2018-02-16 18:22:12 UTC
Hey Greg,

Yeah, I had said I would post my FPGA code to github, but then got so
busy with stuff at work that I never did. I still have that FPGA
project and could still post it if I can find a 4 hour window to work on
it (I wanted to clean the code up a bit first).

I have NuttX running on one of the 2 RISC-V cores in my ASIC also,
mainly because it is basically the same as the core running in the
FPGA. I'll have to check out the SiFive board ... haven't really had
time to poke my head up to look around for the past year. I worked with
one of the guys at SiFive when he was working on the debug spec for RISC-V.

Ken
Greg
Patrick Mulder mulder.patrick@gmail.com [nuttx]
2018-02-16 18:49:25 UTC

the SiFive board is indeed one interesting option. Maybe I can get one,
maybe even at Embedded World in Nuremberg.
Around two weeks ago, there were some talks at FOSDEM on FPGA open-source
toolchains, but it sounded like it's still quite some work to make
everything work. But it was nice to see all kinds of new and old tools to
simulate and debug a logic design and hardware.

I guess in around 2-3 weeks I can give better feedback on what's possible
to do with RISC-V for me personally.

Nice weekend,

Patrick