[nuttx] Device support for USB HID Keyboard?
fhw72@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-04-27 12:38:33 UTC
Hi @ll,

I'd like to use a STM32F4xx based board + NuttX to emulate an USB keyboard.
According to the NuttX website there should be some kind of USB device support for HID?
(Maybe I misunderstood it?)

However I can only find a host driver for HID keyboard but no USB device driver!

Did I overlook it?

Thanks!
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-04-27 13:11:44 UTC
No, you did not overlook anything. That are no implementations of any USB HID device in drivers/nuttx/usbdev.
fhw72@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-04-27 13:57:38 UTC
oh... a real pity!

Are there any plans for that?
It's mentioned here: http://www.nuttx.org http://www.nuttx.org/ under USB device support... or is this just a copy&paste error?
spudarnia@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2017-04-27 14:21:23 UTC
Yes, a copy-paster error. Thanks for noting that.

I have no plans for an HID USB devices.

Greg
craig_comstock@yahoo.com [nuttx]
2018-02-01 21:15:40 UTC
For what it's worth I am going to (slowly) work on a nuttx app to translate GPIO/button presses that are morse code into a USB HID keyboard device on nuttx. Was thinking I might use v-usb library in some fashion (for AVR microcontrollers though). https://github.com/obdev/v-usb https://github.com/obdev/v-usb

I plan on using stm32f103.

I'll post here if I make any progress.

-Craig
Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis@gmail.com [nuttx]
2018-02-01 21:22:28 UTC
Hi Craig,

This project you cited is GPL so you cannot use it as base.

I suggest you to take a look at LUFA Library.

BR,

Alan